3.21.2010

Bad, bad blogger

It's been a few weeks since my last entry and I'm very disappointed in myself for not blogging more, but lately I haven't really felt the need to vent/jot down any of my life happenings...don't get me wrong, Vegas was great! (except for Megan being sick practically the whole time), I'm just now starting to think about where my life is going and what I really want to do.

I keep going back to what I want for a career. I've always wanted to do something artsy. Ever since I was little I've wanted to be an artist. At first I wanted to do interior design, but realized that wasn't for me, and now I've switch to wanting to be a photojournalist. However, when I think about it, what jobs am I really going to get as a photojournalist? Maybe I should do something else? Maybe I should do something in addition? My mom just got me thinking about this recently: maybe I should do something with makeup, like be a makeup artist. I've definitely found a passion for makeup in the last couple years through You Tube gurus like Kandee Johnson, so why not follow that passion and see where it leads? I for sure want to finish college and get my degree, but after that I think I want to try out beauty school and cosmetology.

I've also been having issues on trying to move out. I keep looking around, but everything's either too expensive or a scam. I'm most definitely going to need a roomie, but so far the one I had in mind hasn't been the most reliable or responsible friend lately, so I'm starting to doubt her ability to pay her part of the rent each month. There seems to be some cute studios and 1 bedrooms out there, but I don't know if they're too small for 2 people and I don't really know who my roomie will be. My dream roomie would obviously be Megan, but she's just starting her first real good paying job this summer, so she doesn't have any money saved up like I do to move out. I started thinking about my one of my oldest and best friends, but I need to talk to her about it cause I don't know if she even wants to move out yet. It just sucks that I'm so ready to move out and be on my own, but I don't have many friends to have for a roomie and I really don't want to room with a stranger obviously. It's just everyone in my family seems to be developing their own lives and having their own issues that we don't see much of eachother, so it almost feels like living on my own anyway. At the same time, I'm at that age and time when I'm just itching to spread my wings and experience life on my own! Hopefully, I can sort this moving out business soon. My dream would be to find a place by summer.

Anyhoo, I really need to get some sleep since I have work in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment